This is the plan that we are currently working towards:
· Machinery is already on site to undertake earthworks to clear the area, however, due to heavy rainfall over the last 24 hours the earliest that we can start is this Sunday 16th July. We expect that this work will take 3-4 days.
· We will purchase/hire the pipe and pump, and have it delivered and ready for installation once the earthworks are complete. It is estimated that installation will take 3-4 days.
· We are having conversations simultaneously with all landowners in and around the site area to let them know what we plan to do and how the works may affect them. We will need to ensure they are all on board before we can start operating the pump.
In addition to the work on the ground, we are also making an application for the consent to cover emergency works and the upgrade to the pipe at a later date.
· I have attached a graph of the lake level for the past 7 days. This information is available online:https://www.lawa.org.nz/explore-data/bay-of-plenty-region/lakes/lake-okareka/
· A flyer will be delivered to all Lake Okareka residents early next week to inform them of the work we are undertaking and to forward any queries through to LOCA. I will ensure that you all receive a copy of that flyer before it is delivered.
I will send another update by next Friday or earlier if there are any significant changes. In the meantime please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Marketing and Communications Advisor
Bay of Plenty Regional Council Toi Moana
M: 027 588 8170 DD: 0800 884 880
A: PO Box 364, Whakatāne 3158, New Zealand
Thriving together – mō te taiao, mō ngā tāngata