Rotorua Lakes Community Board Meeting, 23rd September - 7pm Ōkareka Hall
Rotorua Lakes Community Board are meeting out at Ōkareka Hall 23rd September at 7pm, in a meeting that was to be held in March (pre-COVID).
The agenda is as follows;
- Niki Carling from Council to talk about the Council's 'Mahere Tauhohe Huarere - Rotorua Climate Action Plan' which is out for consultation.
- Laura Marshall (the Library Director) coming out to talk about their new "Library to You" programme which replaces the Outreach programme.
- Hoping to also get speakers on pest control for DoC's Wallaby programme and from BOPRC on catfish.
- Boating and naming your vessels this summer. A message from our Harbourmaster: https://www.boprc.govt.nz/living-in-the-bay/boating-in-the-bay/know-the-rules?fbclid=IwAR0LmVJ_s0Xf-uJge8VG7EBoK0qPEmiCEDzYauIuS-QawflgU0l6eeD2jB0
- We (LŌCA) had a presentation from the Rotorua Botanical Society on restoration efforts and the Ōkareka Mistletoe Project. Keen to support efforts here.
- Kereru Count, get involved in local bird surveys https://www.greatkererucount.nz/
- Rat and possum traps. We are issuing these out again to the community as part of Pest-Free Ōkareka. Please get in touch with Tim Bell - firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to pick one up. There is a charge for each $8 for a rat trap and $17 a possum trap.
- We are looking at a community BBQ and party event for the residents to celebrate a bit of an "emergence" from the lockdown and to get to know your neighbours - more details to follow. Looking like 27th November at this stage. Please get in contact if you would like to help with the event.
More information to follow in our next newsletter...
Many thanks for your feedback on the LŌCA Strategy, we have made a few minor changes to the document and will go about how to best implement these over the next few years.
Mā te Wā,