The Pest Control Programme has commenced with the first working bees to trim the lines and to check the bait stations are intact. The programme for the remainder of the year is:
Tikitapu Working Bee Programme 2014
Trimming Lines, checking stations etc.
- June—Sunday 22nd & Monday 23rd
- July—Friday 11th & Sunday 13th
- Trakka cards and wax tags out - Saturday 26th July
- Trakka cards in – Sunday 27th July
- Wax tags in – Saturday 2nd August
- Wednesday 6th August
- Wednesday 20th August
- Baits out – Friday 8th and Saturday 9th August
- Top up – Sunday 24th & Monday 25th August
- Clear stations – Sunday 21st & Monday 22nd September
Post Bait Monitoring
Trakka cards and wax tags out - Saturday 27th September Trakka cards in – Sunday 28th September Wax tags in – Saturday 4th October.
There will also be working bees to plant some new trees around the mistletoe area and to infill gaps near the start of the Nature Walk. These working bees are ideal for people who are no longer able to manage going up and down the bait lines.
We would be delighted to have some more Okareka residents assisting with this project which benefits the local community. If you would be interested in helping please contact Frances and James Blakely on 3628 480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.