I am sending a plea for some people to help as marshals for Neil Gellatly's 3 D event on Sunday 31st May 2015.
Lake Okareka has supported Neil with this event ever since its inception - this is the 5th year this has been held.
I have had some excellent offers of help from LOCA Committee members (many thanks to Carol Christian-Price, Cheryl & Steve Lyons with their boat, and Mike Goodwin with his boat assisted by Brian Law) and from the Fire Force (thanks to Philip Muldoon with his boat + a helper and 6 others people from the Lake Okareka fire force)
However I still could do with another 5 helpers please.
Neil is prepared to make a donation to a Lake Okareka charitable organisation again this year at $25 per person (last year $525 was paid out).
Please see more details in Neil's email below.
Please let me know as soon as possible if you are able to help. Please pass these details on to anyone that you think may be able to assist.
Neil Gellatly requires the following - are you able to help?
- 6 volunteers marshals for parking on Long Mile Road and alongside Tarawera Road – 7:30 -12:30pm
- 6 volunteer marshals for parking at the Blue Lake and the Paddle-Mtb Transition – 8:30am to 12:30pm
- and some safety boats for on the water at Tikitapu 10:15 – 12:30pm - I have all of these
Note: Volunteers (or a representative on their behalf) will also be required to attend a briefing at 6:00pm on Friday 29th May in the Te Puna Aroha Conference Room at the Holiday Inn Rotorua, Cnr of Froude & Tryon Streets, Rotorua.
In return for sourcing the volunteer marshals we are happy to give the nominated Lake Okareka organisation $25 per head towards their current fundraising efforts (my records show a total of $525 was paid in 2014); plus each volunteer marshal will personally receive the following items –
- ThermaTech waterproof jacket valued at $129.00 RRP
- A pair of ThermaTech sports socks
- A packed lunch from Mistress of Cakes
- A coffee voucher from MBR